Here is what you need to know from Friday night’s T-Wolves game.
Kevin Love erupted for a career-high and franchise-record 51 points against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
And the Wolves lost. In double overtime.
Wrapping up a brutal seven-game road trip, the Timberwolves snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They took what appeared to be an insurmountable five-point lead with about 45 seconds remaining in the first overtime, but the Thunder found a way to force a second extra session. It was all Kevin Durant and Co. after that.
More head-scratching numbers from the Thunder’s 149-140 victory.
• Love buried 7 of 11 3-point shots, was 12 of 16 from the stripe and made 16 of 27 field goals overall. He joins Durant and Deron Williams as the only players to eclipse the 50-point mark this season.
• JJ Barea had 25 points and Anthony Tolliver 23.
• Barea added 14 assists and 10 rebounds for a triple-double.
• Russell Westbrook (45) and Durant (40) combined for 85 points.
• Martell Webster had a plus-minus rating of -17 — in 22 measly minutes.
• The Wolves, wilting faster than a Duluth snow bank — fall to 23-26, their playoff hopes nearly extinct.