Lost in the mix of the Twins’ ugly start to the season was the fact that it doesn’t get any easier from here.
April is loaded with imposing opponents, and if 2011 taught us anything — and I think it did, namely the seriousness of bilateral leg weakness — it’s that a slow start can doom the summer.
Here’s a look at the Twins’ upcoming schedule:
• Three games vs. the Angels
• Three games vs. the Rangers
• Four games at the Yankees
• Three games at the Rays
• Three games vs. the Red Sox
• Three games vs. the Royals
• Three games at the Angels
The Twins missed a prime opportunity in Baltimore to win a series and build some momentum heading into this challenging stretch.